The Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau (BCVB), in partnership with Dakota Electric Association, proudly presents the 2015 Burnsville Winter Lighting Contest. This is the BCVB’s fourth year coordinating the event that was formerly an annual contest put on by the City of Burnsville to reward those who have helped to keep the community looking beautiful through the holiday season. Get in the spirit this year by decorating and keep Burnsville looking great during the holiday season! “Make the SWITCH” and go to LED lights! Find the latest rebates and savings on LEDs at www.dakotaelectric.com.
From November 25 through December 11, 2015 Burnsville residents may nominate Single Family Dwellings, Neighborhoods (20 single family homes or less), Apartment/Condo Complexes or Townhomes/Apartments or Condominiums that they think have outstanding winter light displays. These properties will be reviewed by the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors, and the top three entries in each category will receive the following:
• 1st Place - $100 Gift Card, donated by Dakota Electric Association
• 2nd Place - $50 Gift Card to a Burnsville restaurant
• 3rd Place – 2 passes to the Minnesota Zoo
To qualify, nominees must:
• Be located within Burnsville City Limits.
• Be visible from the street.
• Match criteria for the submitted category.
Winning entries will:
• Show an impressive display
• Enhance the surrounding area
• Show creativity
· Only Burnsville residents 21 years of age or older may make nominations.
· Submissions must be received between November 25 – December 11, 2015.
· Submissions must include a completed nomination form and be accompanied by a photo for consideration.
· By submitting a nomination, you grant the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau permission to publish the address block of the nominee in any print and web publications, and in social media.
· By submitting a photo, you grant the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau permission to use the photo in any print and web publications, and in social media
· Your nomination grants the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau permission to photograph the nominated property and use images for print, web publications and social media.
o Only submissions meeting one of the following categories will be considered:
o Single Family Dwelling is defined as an individual unit where only one family resides, and includes: single family homes, townhomes, condominiums or apartments.
o Neighborhood is defined as a collection of single family homes (20 homes or less), apartment or condominium complexes.
o Townhome, apartment or condominium complexes (20 units or more)
· The Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau is not responsible for lost submissions.
· Nominees may win first place in the contest a maximum or three consecutive years.
• November 25 – Nominations Open
• December 11 – Nominations Close
• December 16 – Judging
• December 22 – Winners Announced at the Burnsville City Council meeting (6:30pm)
Do you have questions? Please contact the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau at 952.895.4690 or via email at email@example.com