It’s here! The 2016 Ryder Cup has finally started at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota, just a few miles west of Burnsville and Team Ames was able to attend this event on the first practice day at Hazeltine and had a fantastic time! Some highlights include visiting the International Pavilion, seeing the Explore Minnesota Tent, watching some of the Ryder Cup teams practice throughout the course and the celebrity match where we were able to see the skills of Bill Murray, Huey Lewis and more!
If you’re headed to the Ryder Cup this weekend, here are a few things you should know:
- Gates hours are 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on September 30 and October 1 and 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on October 2.
- General Public Parking is available at Canterbury Park, 100 Canterbury Rd, Shakopee, MN and parking and shuttles to and from the Ryder Cup are free of charge.
- Public shuttle times are 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. on September 30 and October 1 and 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. on October 2.
- Download the Ryder Cup App for live video and scoring, match status, player profiles, tee times, course information, latest news updates, and maps to parking and shuttles.
- Visit http://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/ryder-cup-2016-what-know-you-go for all you need to know before you go!
- Be sure to share all of your Ryder Cup photos with the hashtag #MyBURNSVILLE on our Facebook page to be entered to win a $250 Visa® Gift Card & Golf for Four at Legends Golf Club in 2017!